Monday, December 29, 2008

Hard Hitting Cinema

Monday, December 29, 2008
Now, I have never liked mainstream bollywood movies. Yes, its great fun with friends, but very few of them do not drip with cheese (if you are not familiar with that term, ask me). These films are realistic, with no dancing around trees or cliched dialogues. Here are 5 movies in the last 2-3 years that can actually compete with the hollywood movies in terms of quality. They are the ones that have a lasting effect on our thinking.

  • Johnny Gaddar - Watched it a while ago. Very impressive crime thriller.

  • Rang De Basanti - Well, all of us have watched this. But it still remains one of the most influential indian movies in the last 5 years.

  • A Wednesday - Mind blowing dialogue. Watch it for Naseerudin Shah.


  • Oye Lucky Lucky Oye - The story of a 'superchor'. Awesome soundtrack and cinematography.

  • Khosla Ka Ghosla - My personal favourite. Hilarious story of a middle class family losing their property to a shark, and then getting it back.

And this is the last post for me before the Boards. Thats March 30. Adieu.

And Happy New Years. Phoolo Phallo!

5 comments:

Quicksilver

I can see favourites of mean their too, each of which I've seen atleast twice. Except for A Wednesday which I'm not too proud to say I haven't seen even once.

Well, some sage advice for the boards - Don't sweat it, you'll do fine.

Manmeet Singh

oh cool.
Nice choices.I've seen all of them except Johny Gaddar.
Most of these are my all time favourites and Wednesday topping the list.Its a super good movie and you said it right that we must watch it for Naseerudin Shah.

Anyways, were you in your complete senses when you said that this is your last post.??
You must be kidding me.

Pulzkit

last post, before boards. I am already behind schedule. if i dont get good marks in Preboards II, my parents are going to kill me.

Manmeet Singh

ok.Then I wish you all the luck so that you score good so that you're alive coz I can't miss you from the blogging circuit.

Sarthak

Great Choice. You certainly know the difference betweem Good and Sucky.

Still to Watch Johnny Gaddar.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates