Thursday, June 11, 2009

Read on.

Thursday, June 11, 2009
Well, New Zealand at last.

Warning(s): This post is gonna be big. No media, only good ol' text. Good thing my chair is comfy.
This post will also be self-centered. Too much is happening in my own life right now for me to care about others'.
This post is a spur of the moment thing, so there is no specific layout. I have barely convinced myself to keep
blogging (repeatedly) and i swear, if i dont get atleast 3 comments here within a couple of days then I am gonna
quit doing this.


To begin with, I have barely gotten here, reeling from a terrible board result and repeated denials from schools for admission, right till the hour before the flight. Come on, i gave three interviews in three different schools and prepared applications through the night. Tough times.

I got admission in the three where they actually cared to interview me and the rest rejected me on the basis of board percentage alone. Let's see what happens, but the school i wanted most has refused me, and i still resent that sometimes. (read: punching a wall)

Boarding the plane was surprisingly easy this time, due to the experience we(me and my parents) had gathered from the last trip, and the various upgrades IGI airport has gone through. In fact, Thailand's airport, which was a nightmare last time due to its size and language barrier (even the pilot barely speaks english :D) was a breeze this time. Won't go into details, but the food still sucked (read frozen prawns and funny smelling lentils).

We got to Auckland on June 4. Light sunlight, great weather. Another way Auckland is better than Apni Dilli, although for no fault of its own.

Since then, we have just been taking it easy and making short trips. We explored New Zealand to quite an extent last time, and ow that my brother has got his own place, its been much more cosy. (or is it cozy? correct me if i am wrong)

Now that we've spent a week here, here's exactly what Ihave done:
1. Gone playing pool and bowling in the dead of the night.
2. Bought and sold 6 cars (Let me explain. Here's what my brother does: He buys used cars on the internet and gets them all fixed up, and sells them to someone else at a profit. Its a simple, efficient business, much easier if you have good social skills)
3. Ride shotgun in a mercedes going at 247km/h.
4. Finished Cryis and Bioshock on my bro's high end computer.
5. Gotten into a feud with my parents over calling my brother "insert bad word here"
6. Ride pillion on a Kawasaki Ninja going at 216km/h. (Believe me, its nothing like you can ever imagine. You have to hold on whoever's riding for dear life, literally. Thinking of making a video. Unbelievable, believe me.)

I am currently sitting in the computer space of The University of Auckland, typing away while my brother studies in the library. Its gonna sound like i am just exaggerating it, but this is the best university i have been to. Forget IIT and its puny little sisters, once you come here, you wont like going back.

The bike is how i got here, and i am dreading sitting on it again. Lets hope i manage to hang on.

Big wave to everyone back home, if they are reading this, which is highly unlikely, because this blog has a lower visit frequency than a frozen cave in Bolivia. Probably even lower than the cave's treasure room's.

Bye for now.

3 comments:

Manmeet Singh

nice post man.
Seems like a breath of fresh air from your side and thereby,bringing some new life into your (lately) stagnant blog.

And please keep on blogging,you are really good at it and believe me there'll be readers,for sure.

and I'm looking forward to a video of your merc ride/kawasaki ride. :D

Unknown

Hey, you are having a good time :) and you kept acting so sad and shitty. i mean those rides you had.

Unknown

And .. this is your 3rd comment . so that you dnt stop Blogging!

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates