Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday, April 30, 2009
Before beginning, i'll point out that I will be writing in simple, metaphor-less, wisecrack-lacking english. Also, lots of brackets. If that irritates you, let me know. The reason for this is sheer exhaustion.

Today was supposed to be our big concert. (It wasn't a concert really, but our attempt at putting together a watchable gig)

The performance itself went rather well (video below). The vocals went okay, (except that MS's microphone went bad, but come on, in a school where an attempt is made to save money in every situation, that didn't surprise me) nobody's guitar went kaput, no drums were smashed, and no lights fell on our heads (believe me, it has happened).

After Boulevard of Broken Dreams, we moved on to the second song, We will Rock You. We chose the song mainly because its popular, and we needed crowd support.

Anyway, the song went...okay. With a couple of fumbles, and a botched solo at the end, in which our bass guitarist went crazy and intervened on our electric guitarist's part.

Result : Last place.
Everybody, including us, believed we would be making 1st or 2nd.
As it turns out, the "jury" (which consisted of hokey old conservative board members, who probably think rock music shouldn't exist) disqualified us because .................*wait for it*...........................................we said "You got mud on your face, You big disgrace". Wow, how dare we say mud, and disgrace in front of the school? Such profanity! Cover your ears, little children!!

Frankly, I am tired of this crap. Last year my house team was put down two places, because they sang "Breaking the Law", which gave the "wrong message" to such "disciplined children".

I can rant more, but whats the effing point? The result isn't gonna change, and this has only made me eager to leave JKPS.

I have uploaded the video on Tube, and although you can't see our faces (zoomed video), I am on the acoustic guitar and vocals, MS is on vocals (although you can barely hear him because his mike isn't working ; hate you Dhansingh, you asshole) Shreyas, the curly haired idiot, who covers me now and then is on bass, and Pawan is on electric guitar on the far right.

The video is below. Hope you have time to watch it.

P.S. I succumbed to the pressure of studies today as well. Went ahead and gave the admission test for Brilliant Tutorials, even though I pledged to spend XIth standard developing talents. Sad day, today. Sad.

1 comments:

Manmeet Singh

nice post..
really frank and it somewhat completed the emotions that I had left in my post relating to this.

and yeah, no problem with the brackets they kind of bring out the inevitable truth of our school and its so-called **cost-cutting methods.**

+ nice skin..better than the old one.

 
◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates